Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thursday Nov. 19, 2015

ISO-1600
AP-4.0
SS-1/50

ISO-1600
AP-4.0
SS-1/50

ISO-1600
AP-4.0
SS-1/50

ISO-1600
AP-4.0
SS-1/50

These are the pictures from the science fair. There really was no description on the pictures so I got one on the way there. The person said to get some of them talking to the kids and some of them debating them. 

I was kind of iffy on this assignment because I had heard from the past that getting pictures of middle-schooled kids was an iffy subject. I tried to avoid getting the kids in the pictures but looking back now I realize that I probably should have gotten some more with them in it. I really like the last picture because it looks kind of like you are seeing the perspective of the kid. I like the second one but it was really underexposed because I was still trying to figure out my settings for the flash at the time. This one on here is after bringing up the exposure a good little bit. 

If I could go back and re-shoot this I would definitely try to get more creative and push the limits on what I could do. There were a couple of time I was tempted to shoot through the poster boards, but I didn't want to completely scare the already nervous 6th graders. I really don't like the first one because he is eating a cookie. I just fell like that just makes it look like they were just there for food. I have some abstract kind of pictures also, like shooting down the posters and a close up of a grading sheet. I know on the second one I cut her head off, but I wanted to keep the title of the project in the picture one to show the amusing title and then kind of show what she was actually looking at. All in all I liked the assignment but I really wish I could go back and redo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment