Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Tuesday Dec. 1, 2015

ISO-1600
AP-2.8
SS-1/100

ISO-1600
AP-2.8
SS-1/100

ISO-1600
AP-2.8
SS-1/100

ISO-1600
AP-2.8
SS-1/100

ISO-1600
AP-2.8
SS-1/100

These are the practice shots for my self portrait. These were failed attempts, but attempts. 
I was really just messing around just seeing what I could do. About halfway through my dog decided to join me.  

I started of just setting it up and laying on my bed with lighting from a window, but that lighting wasn't enough. I then got a flashlight and put a sock over the end of it to act as a diffuser. That worked for a little bit, but then I wanted to light the background so I took the flashlight and out it pointing at the background and took the shade off of my lamp. That's how I got the really bright background. I was wanting to get rid of the background because I didn't really like that it was a plain wall.

The one thing I really didn't think about was the lamp being in the background. I didn't really think about it, in some the lamp was covered up, and then others it wasn't.  The second one has to be my favorite because it looked more like what I was going for. I really want to try my ideas, I just have to find time.

No comments:

Post a Comment