Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thursday October 8, 2015

ISO-100
AP-4.0
SS-1/320

ISO-400
AP-4.0
SS-1/500

This assignment was one that I did for somebody else. This assignment in the beginning really confused me. The assignment wanted a picture of her with a soccer ball and a net in the background, possibly with a stethoscope around her neck. The problem was she wasn't told that they were getting her picture so she didn't have a stethoscope. The second picture was the one to have a net. I was just trying it out to see how it would look. I knew that the background wouldn't be creamy, but I didn't want them to say that I didn't try to get one without the net. That was when I really needed the flash for that one. However, I don't like it because the background is in focus completely. The first one was the picture that was used. I found it difficult to get the picture because it was a bright sunny day. This was when I had to over power the sun with the flash. I started out with it set in ettl mode, but then had to change to manual to get the lighting right. In ettl mode I couldn't get the power setting low enough to not make it flat. Part of the reason I had a problem was because I didn't have an umbrella to reflect the light and I didn't have time to run back to the class and get it. I had to set the flash power at 1/64 to get her lit up without having harsh dark parts on her face because of the sun. I really feel like there isn't much to the picture. It just seems so bland without anything to it. I really wish that there weren't cars in the background. I really didn't have an option because if I turned her the sun would have been even harder to deal with. I still feel like there is a slight haze to the picture, but then maybe I'm just seeing things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment