Friday, January 8, 2016

Thursday January 7, 2015


This is the other book cover I plan on doing. The cover is simply tacking nails in what looks like to be a piece of wood or a wall. There are two different light sources in the middle face out wards towards the nail. There is also one above the nails and facing towards the bottom. The words over the top with the shadows is something they did in photoshop, so I'm not going to do that. For setting everything up I would put the piece of wood flat on the ground so the light stands won't be so far up. The parts where the lights hit overexpose the nails on the bottom. The hard part will be not making the white so bright that it is almost a high key. I will have to find a way to make sure the white remains darker. I think that I need to put the flash above being level with the piece of wood, but not so far up that it hits the top of the nail. The flash is aimed directly at the nails with no umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment